"hollywood trash"

My photo
west hollywood, california, United States

Friday, May 02, 2008

pinhead gunpowder -- the secrets...


"wait, i know who you are. yeah, you're the woman that wrote that story that we linked to all of our friends! hey guys, it's that lady that wrote the story about green day."

that was my official greeting as i entered chain reaction, a club in anaheim, california, on sunday, february 3, 2008 to see pinhead gunpowder, toys that kill and this is my fist...

mind you, i'd traveled 3,000 miles to see billie joe armstrong and his close friends play together in their band pinhead gunpowder...this may seem excessive, but you've got to grab the moment and these people don't play out often, plus it's fucking history...

so this woman, mary, she comes over to me and starts looking me over as we stood in the middle of the venue before the show--

"i know you," she said. "i think i know you."

"i don't know, i'm from maryland so i don't see how you could know me...i've been to a lot of green day shows though," I replied figuring she was probably a fan.

that's when she looked right through me, grabbed my arms and shouted the above first sentence...she knew me all right

time for a back up: in the fall of 2004 i flipped out over american idiot and followed green day around the world when i was 45-46 -- i wrote a story called seize the green day and the wonderful fan site, the green day authority, asked if they could post it on their site

of course i said yes

i haven't seen any green day fans since i wrote that story in 2006...i had no idea that people would know who i was -- and let me tell you: as a first-timer it is freaky, good...but freaky--

a couple of fans have asked me to write about the adventures i had following phgp up and down california...

i'm so flattered -- here goes:

wait

i'm not sure how to start...

should i start with the woman who hated green day so much that she scratched my face and tried pulling my hair out or with guitar player from an opening act who almost KO'd me out when he, inadvertantly, hit me in the head with his guitar?

hmmm~